Submission Guidelines for Senior Theses and Projects
- Authors may choose to allow unrestricted open access to their work, or limit access to the campus community only, by specifying "thesis" or "campus-only thesis" on the line labelled "Degree Type".
- Any quoted text, images, music, charts, etc., in the thesis should either be used under Fair Use guidelines, or by permission from the copyright holder(s) of the quoted material.
- It is best to upload a pdf version of your document to preserve formatting, however, any text-based file format will be accepted (i.e. Word) and then automatically converted to pdf for publication in the Repository.
- If you have accompanying video on YouTube or Vimeo, there is a line on the upload form called "Streaming Media" where you can enter the URL for the video. Then, select the streaming service In the drop-down menu directly below. You may also provide an archival copy of the video in AVI format to the Repository Administrator (see contact info below).
- Theses that are deposited online do not need to be submitted in hard copy to the College Archives.
- Once the work has been uploaded, it will be a permanent part of the Repository, and identified with a unique url for future reference.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS
- To start the submission process, click "Submit Research" on the left, and create an account with the Repository software. (This will be different than your regular Trinity login)
- Read through the submission agreement, and checkmark the box to agree with the terms.
- Finally, fill in the fields on the submission form, including selection of open access or campus-restricted, and upload the thesis document.
- We recommend submitting the entire text of the thesis as one file (i.e. combine all the chapters and appendices into one document) PDF format is preferred, but Word is also fine.
- The Repository can also accept any supplemental files, in the form of media, translations, etc. Powerpoint files will be converted to .pdf by the Repository. At the bottom of the submission form, there is a checkmark box, which when selected allows you to upload additional files on the next page.
- Once I (Repository administrator) approve the thesis submission, it will be visible on the Repository site.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or problems. You are free to make an appointment with me to walk through the submission process if you prefer.
Repository Administrator Contact: Amy Harrell, 860-297-2193, LITC A40